Why we are the best choice for your pet’s surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Harris Boulevard Veterinary Clinic your pet’s safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Safe Anesthesia—a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet’s pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet’s comfort.
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
Veterinary Surgical Services
Harris Boulevard Veterinary Clinic provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
In addition to spaying and neutering, we also offer laser surgery and the following soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries:
Soft Tissue Surgery
Anal Gland Removal
Bite Wound Repair
Bladder Stone Removal (Cystotomy)
Eye Removal (Enucleation)
Eyelid Repair (Entropion)
Fluid Filled Ear Repair (Aural Hematoma)
Intestinal Surgery (Enterotomy)
Mass Removal / Lumpectomy
Stomach Surgery (Gastrotomy)
And other general surgeries as needed
Bone Fracture Repair
Cranial (Anterior) Cruciate Ligament Repair
Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO)
Patella Luxation Repair
And other orthopedic procedures
We offer several surgeries that feature our CO2 laser. We do soft palate resection and stenotic nares surgery in Bulldogs, Pugs, Boston Terriers, and other brachycephalic breeds. The laser is an excellent choice for these surgeries; it decreases surgical time, bleeding, and swelling.
We also offer for many patients sedation only small mass removals. By using a local anesthetic and mild to moderate sedation, we can remove many small masses. Ear polyp removals are also made easier and more effective with the laser. Check with our veterinarians to see if this is a possibility for your pet.